Saturday, August 18, 2018

Flyover

  Tuesday and Thursday this week we went to base right after picking up Kate from school.  Andrew was practicing the missing man formation, the formation he will be flying in D.C. next weekend.  A fallen soldier is being posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor and Andrew gets to be a part of the ceremony.  I am so proud of him.  
  The whole situation gives me lots of feels.  Mostly the feeling of gratitude.  I am so grateful for this country and to those who fight to defend it and are willing to lay down their life for it.  I'm proud that my husband is one of those people and I'm SO grateful that he hasn't had to die defending his life or the lives of others.  John Chapman, the soldier being awarded the Medal of Honor, had to do just that.  When Andrew tells me about the times they were being shot at while deployed... man, I could just go cry in my bed in fear of what could have happened, but also gratitude that he was kept out of harms way.
  We were able to watch two flyovers both days. Personally, I could watch flyovers all day long, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment