Today was the third and fourth time going to the swimming pool this summer and Kate is really starting to enjoy it. The first time we went she was very cautious and hesitant to even get into the water. Now she goes in up to her ears!
The first time we went today was early this afternoon, right after our weekly visit to the library for story time...which was a good time for Kate!
Today, however, was quite the eventful trip to the pool, or rather, from the pool. As we were getting ready to leave, I discovered my keys were missing. I looked all over for them but could not find them anywhere. I figured I had left them on the inside of Kate's door in the Jeep because, well, I have done that before. So we continued packing up and went out to the Jeep.
Well, no keys were found. I started taking everything out of the Jeep to find the keys, all to no avail. My friend, who was also leaving at the same time, noticed me running around the Jeep like a crazy lady and asked what was wrong. After telling her my problem and running back to the kiddy pool area, twice, to look for the keys, my friend ended up going to my house to get the spare keys. God bless her because I don't know what I would have done without her help and kindness. Probably walked home in 100 degree weather with two unhappy, sweaty, hot girls. No fun. Like I said, I am EXTREMELY grateful for her kindness... buuut...so embarrassed.
I warned her before hand but that doesn't make me feel much better because our house was a complete mess. Like, COMPLETE mess. Laundry everywhere, thank heavens it was at least clean...but now that I think of it we definitely had our share of dirty clothes on the floor too :/, dishes needing to be done, storage bins out, toys and books everywhere, unpacked groceries on the kitchen floor, the whole house needing a good wipe down... embarrassing.
Before going to the pool I had contemplated not going so I could clean the house. Don't know if I made the right decision, I think yes because Kate had such a good time, but I did relearn a lesson I have learned before. Keep your house clean all the time just in case someone stops by unexpectedly. Don't know if that is always possible when you have young kids but it's something to strive for, I guess. Yes, clean houses are nice but happy babies are so much better!
We did return to the pool after Kate's nap and someone had turned in our keys. I'm so grateful for honest people. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment