I absolutely adore my baby girl, Kate. She is my world. (...As is her father and baby sister). I would not change a thing about her. Not one thing. Like, for example, how she now likes to spit out her food because, well, she can. Even though I now have to tell her at least 50 times a day to NOT spit her food out, the cute faces she makes are irreplaceable! The face she makes while she gags on her food while I repeat over and over, "Chew and swallow!" may not be the cutest face but it sure makes me laugh...on the inside.
For dinner today I made yummy zucchini lasagna which, I would like to mention, Kate has enjoyed in the past. Not today. To get her to take 10 bites of it I had to bribe her with chocolate chips. The bribe worked but it took her 45 minutes to eat four strawberries and 10 bites of lasagna. Thank heavens she now has a highchair to keep her in one spot, provided by the girls's Uncle Jared. THANK YOU JARED!!!
While she was savoring each bite of chocolate chip, Andrew called. When I told her it was Dada, she promptly took the phone away from me and told Dada all about her day. So adorable! I would have taken a video recording of her babbling but... she had my phone.
Even though this was one of Kate's more fussy days, I choose to deem it a good day when I look at her sweet face and remember I am lucky enough to be her Momma.

No comments:
Post a Comment