Tuesday, June 24, 2014

No! There is NO snow monster!!!

  We are now on our way back to TX. We've gone 7 hours and have 3 hours to go till we arrive at our hotel to prepare for another 10 hour driving day tomorrow.  Yay.
  Our visit with family and friends was absolutely wonderful though. This drive was so worth it and the girls weren't even that hard to entertain and keep happy. They did very well!  ...2/3 the way done, hopefully they keep up the good behavior!
  The wedding yesterday was beautiful and my sister-in-law and new brother-in-law looked flawless.  I'm not much of a crier, well, at least I wasn't before having kids, but I teared up quite a few times during the service.  Watching my sister-in-law walk down the isle about to say her I do's was exciting and listening to the vows that were exchanged was so touching and sweet, how could I not choke up?  One thing that my new brother-in-law said in his vows that I really liked was that last night he was the worst husband Christine would ever have because he was going to be a better husband to her everyday. :)  I'm so happy for them and this new chapter in their lives!! 
  We all said our good byes this morning and, like I said, 7 hours into the drive now.  Kate has been good but she keeps talking about the tv show she likes to watch at home. Last week before we left we saw the episode where a snow monster has been scaring off people at the snow boarding/skiing resort in town. It turns out to be a cow and chicken stuck in a berry bush. Super scary, I know.  Anyhow, Kate has been asking about the snow monster since last night at the wedding reception. There was a big bush there that I am guessing helped her remember back to last weeks episode.  Well, she is still worked up about the snow monster.  No joke, she has said, "snow monster" at least a thousand times today.  Oh. My. Gosh.  There is NO SNOW MONSTER!!!  I was finally able to bribe her with a mentos.  I told her to stop fussing about the snow monster, close her eyes and take a nap!  It worked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment