Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pneumonia

  Our poor baby girl has pneumonia. :(  Abby came down with a cough Saturday night but she didn't act any different than she usually does so we figured she was fine, just had a little cough.
  Well, the cough didn't go away and a temperature plus wheezing was added to her list of symptoms so we called the doctor. He said to take her to the ER. Because it was late Andrew stayed home with Kate so she could go to bed at a decent time.  Good thing too because Abby and I didn't get home till midnight.
  She was quite the trooper. Very minimal fussing with a little outcry when she was given a shot.
  After we got home, I fed her one more time and put her to bed. She didn't wake till 9:30.  :) 
  She is now on antibiotics for the next 5 days. That should be the end of this. We'll definitely keep an eye on her, of course, but I feel it will be easy to tell if something is wrong. All she has to do is not be happy for a minute. :)  I think I have one of the happiest babies ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment