Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy July 4th!

  This July 4th weekend has been wonderful and it's not even over yet! Yay! All day Friday Andrew helped two friends move, one old and one new.
  Our friends, the Strongs, who we've known a while, had us over for dinner Friday/July4th night in thanks for Andrew helping them out and so we could celebrate how great America is, together. And we had a great time, of course!
  Melanie and I talked about life, watched the kids play, prepared all the side dishes, cleaned and cut the fruit, and all that good stuff while Andrew and Brandon unloaded boxes, hooked up the washer and dryer, and did manly stuff, including firing up the grill. :) 
  Kate always has fun with the Strongs. Last night she crawled up onto the Lego table with Beckett and played happily for quite some time.  I got a picture of it but sadly my phone decided to delete it.  >:(
  I do have this picture though!  This was how our Friday morning started, sisters playing so sweet and nice together.

  I went to post this picture on facebook and realized I had forgotten to put them in their red, white, and blue outfits.  So, I did just that and got some pretty cute pictures!

Kate giving Abby a kiss - I didn't even ask her to do it, which I love!

 Kate happy with her sweet self

 And my favorite, my two happy girls!

  We weren't planning on going to see fireworks because they started at 10 and that is way past Kate's bedtime.  There were a few small fireworks that were set off at the Strong's house, though.  The older kids had fun running around with some sparklers and everyone enjoyed watching a couple roman candles go off.
  Abby and I watched from inside with Melanie and baby Deklan.  There were quite a few biting bugs outside and we didn't want our babies getting bit.  I know Kate had a great time outside with everyone but I wish I would have brought her inside as well.  This morning at church her bug bites were bothering her quite a bit.  Texas bites are worse than I have ever experienced elsewhere.  They swell up into a welt and are sore to the touch for a couple days and then they start to itch like crazy AND they last FOREVER.  Like three weeks.  They are pretty horrible.  I hope Kate's don't last that long.  She's got five on her.
  Tomorrow we have the day off as well and we have plans to go out on the lake and soak up some wonderful sun.

  On a different note, I found this jem on my camera while uploading my July 4 pictures.  Most mornings I get up, feed Abby, place her on my bed and then go get Kate up for the day.  When I'm done with that, Kate usually runs into my room, climbs up on my bed and hangs out with Abby while I get her some breakfast.
  Well, that is just what happened the day I took this picture but when I went in to check up on the girls, Abby had fallen onto Kate's lap!  And she was totally happy about it too!  As you can tell, so was Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment