Went on a run this morning and 10 seconds into it found this little guy. Actually, Duke found it. Duke wasn't on a leash and when he saw this little guy in the middle of the street he ran right up to it. I didn't know what it was at first but as soon as it started to try and fly I knew and dreaded what was going to happen next. I was picturing blood and feathers everywhere while I scream and Kate cries.
Well, we have an awesome dog. I called his name and started whistling to him and...he came to me!! I was so proud but mostly relieved.
Once we got back from our "run" the bird was within 15 feet from where we left it and there was a cat prowling around. :/ I'm not a fan of birds, at all, but I couldn't just let this little guy get eaten. So we got a box and brought it home. Cats usually stay away from our yard so maybe it had a chance of living at least one more day. Hopefully it will have flown off by the time we get back from the lake. I'm crossing my fingers.
Monday, July 7, 2014
Hunt a lion but not harm a baby bird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment