Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Swim lessons

  I knew after last summer I was going to sign Kate up for swim lessons this summer. We live in Florida which means we also live at the pool or the beach the majority of the year. Learning how to swim is needed for keeping my sanity around water because, well, my 3 little ones.
  So Kate was signed up a month in advance. I didn't realize I could also sign Abby up for lessons, however, I was able to get her a spot last minute.
  And I'm so glad I did.  They are totally different kids at the pool because of their lessons. Neither of them liked to put their face in the water 3 weeks ago but now they are swimming under the water constantly! I am so proud of both of them!  
  Kate is now able to swim without a life jacket or floaties. She's got the front stroke down pat and is trying hard to be able to float on her back. She is quick at getting things from the bottom of the pool and has turned into a little fish these past few weeks.
  Abby is able to hold her breath for 5 seconds under water! and can swim with her face in the water for a few feet. She loves to swim down to the bottom of the pool to pick up the frogs in swim lessons and can usually get the frog on the first try. When swimming without help she has a little square floaty tied onto her back which helps cement all the things she learned during her lessons.  No more life jackets allowed at the pool, says her swim teacher.
  With one lesson left this summer, we are looking forward to next years lessons already.

No comments:

Post a Comment