Monday, June 4, 2018

Disney 2017 part 2

Gosh, I don't remember hardly anything from our Disney trip last year.  Months and months and MONTHS ago, I went through a TON of photos on my phone, picked out all the ones I wanted to post on this blog and then when it came time for me to post, my phone would freeze up and start over.  THREE times!!  After the third time I was done trying, which is why I haven't posted in so long.  All because I wanted to document our Disney trip, dang it!  So here is attempt number four with a somewhat limited commentary because it was 9 months ago.

We were able to go back to Disney, just a short time later, in October. On our way out we stopped in Tallahassee to see the state capitol building.  We grabbed lunch and took it to the steps of the capitol building to eat in the shade.  The girls had fun sitting on the pillars and climbing the stairs. 
We only stayed a couple hours in Tallahassee, walking through the capitol building real quick after finishing up lunch, and then headed onto Disney World!
Our first day of the two passes we had left was spent at Animal Kingdom. Ride number one, Kilimanjaro safari.
Kate fell asleep on our way to meet Mickey and Minnie.  Thank goodness for our Ergo.
The girls, of course, loved Mickey and Minnie.  The helper at the character greeting, however, was very disappointing. She didn't smile, say hi to any of us, or look even the least bit okay with being where she was.  And she took all of 1 family photo of us with the Mouses which turned out blurry and not everyone was even looking.  She must have been having a really bad day because she is the only unhappy worker I've ever encountered at Disney World.  Oh well.  We do have this photo that Andrew was able to snap.
On our way to... somewhere, we stopped when we heard some music playing in front of one of the shops.  It was awesome. Kate and Abby chilled in the stroller to listen while Ellie was distracted by this cool totem pole.
Our fastest character greeting ever, Pocahontas.  We stood by her for 10 seconds, got our picture taken, and was ushered toward the exit.  But hey, she was happy, and we got a few non-blurry pictures to choose from.
The girls LOVE Tomorrowland Speedway.  And I think it's hilarious how hard it is to drive their cars.  The girls couldn't stop laughing as we bounced around our lane. 
Another favorite - The Barnstormer
Ellie trying to share some popcorn with Abby, who does not like popcorn at all.
Sitting in Gaston's chair at Gaston's Tavern for lunch.  
 One more time around the merry-go-round
 Disney parade which Kate and Ellie slept through.  
 Abby sat on my shoulders to watch the parade.  Despite her straight face in this photo, she did enjoy it.
 Shopping down main street 
 The park at Shades of Green
 Last picture taken at Disney World.  Until next time!
 The next day we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa.  It was fun, but SO different from Disney.  There was hardly anyone there which equaled no wait for rides. A definite plus.
 Our adorable girls
 We opted to feed the birds.  The girls enjoyed it.  Personally, I don't really care for birds.  Pretty to look at and sometimes pretty to listen to, but other than that they just make a mess and make kids cry because the stupid things bite even though they are in a PETTING ZOO!
 
 Kate and Abby loved climbing through the canopy/jungle gym
 While they did that Ellie went for a ride on a lion
 Kate was too big to go on this ride but Abby and Ellie enjoyed it
 Kate and Abby rode beneath Ellie and I.  They felt like big girls going on the ride by themselves.
 The lady running this ride let Kate and Abby go around three times.  They had a blast.
And that was our trip.  The ride home was uneventful and Duke was happy to see us once we got back.  Even though I am glad we were able to knock out two parks in one drive down to Orlando/Tampa, I hope to not split up our Disney vacation next time we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment