Monday, June 4, 2018

Deployment distractions

The girls used their annual Christmas gift cards from Grandpa to buy a new toy a week after Daddy left. Going after Christmas is over is the way to do it because so many of the toys are on amazing sales. The girls had fun picking out their toy while I tried my hardest not to rush them.
This year I purposely left out a few gifts for after Andrew deployed. A nice distraction to turn a bad day into a good day for the girls. One of those gifts was makeup. The girls always ask me to share my makeup with them so I thought they'd love their own stuff. I was right, however, I was wrong to give it to them and then walk away. 
Oh my gosh. They caked on as much makeup as they could. I thought it was funny and cute, so I took a picture and then walked away again. Wrong! I should NOT have walked away! They continued to put on ALL the makeup. And then it started to get on their clothes. And then the carpet. It was a mess.
You live and learn, right? Well, I learned, for sure. No more makeup for them for a good LONG time.

Another distraction was puppy shopping. Kate especially has been wanting another puppy lately so I told her we could go to the pet store if she and her sisters were good while we ran errands one day.

I had gone a few weeks before because I was feeling the need to cuddle a cute little puppy. Well, I got the cute little puppy but man, it did not want to cuddle. It freaking attacked me, and my purse, and my clothes, and my shoes...! So my plan was to go to the puppy store so the puppy could convince Kate that we don't want another one, at least not right now.


My plan worked. Kate enjoyed the puppy enough, but, it kept biting at her hair and clothes and cheeks. I told Kate that when she's older we can get another puppy. That way she can help out more with the training and all that goes with getting a puppy. She agreed.

And here are the girls with their felt nativity set from Grammy.  They loved playing with it and were sad to see it get packed away with all the other Christmas stuff.  Just another thing to look forward to unpacking this next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment