Halloween this year turned out to be a fun holiday! Everything went great. Wednesday was the branch's Halloween trunk or treat. We don't go to a ton of church activities, not sure why because we usually have a good time, but I'm glad we went to this one.
It started off with a chili and corn cook off/ dinner. It was yummy and Kate surprised me by eating an entire corn on the cob, by herself! The trunk or treat was a nice success. Andrew handed out candy from our trunk while I took Kate to go beg for candy from everyone else. I wasn't expecting her to say much, because she usually doesn't - to others that is, but once Kate figured out candy was the reward to saying "trick or treat", she was spouting out the phase to everyone that even remotely looked like they might give her candy. I couldn't keep my smile in, beaming at how adorable my little girl is. :)
Because trunk or treating was such a hit with Kate, we decided to let her repeat the experience on Halloween night. I wanted Andrew to be able to experience the adorableness of Kate beggin' for candy so I stayed home with Abby to give out treats. We had an okay amount of kids, not enough to clean out our candy stash though. All the kids were well behaved, for the most part, and had costumes on. In years past we got more than a few older kids, not dressed up at all, going around with their Walmart sacks trying to get candy. The lack of effort exerted and the entitlement of free candy vibe they gave off kinda ruined the experience for me. But this year we didn't get any of that. Like I said, a fun holiday experience!! I look forward to a pleasant repeat next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment