Today was a wonderful day! Andrew had the day off and because of the beautiful weather we decided to go have lunch at the creek. Best idea ever. We all had a blast!
The dogs loved running around, eventually jumping into the water to chase some fish. After eating our lunch, we took a nice leisurely walk around the creek with Kate happily dragging Cleo everywhere she desired to go.
Once back to where we had started, Kate and I got into the water as well. Kate had a great time but not as good as she was hoping. She kept asking to swim in the water which was not going to happen. It was quite windy and only 70 out. We are Texans so those two factors together equals too cold for a swim.
We still enjoyed ourselves and left with two happy girls, one totally asleep and the other almost to that point.
At home, Andrew beat me at a game of monopoly for the third time this week, beat me at a two out of three game of Yahtzee, beat me at a three out of five game of candy land, AND beat me at a two out of three game of mancala. Gahh! Andrew is a nice winner and I do like playing with him so my losing streak might continue if I can convince him to play some more.
Like I said, a great day!!
Monday, October 13, 2014
Columbus Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment