March contains two of the five birthdays in our family. Abigail and Andrew. Abby's is in the 2nd and Andrew's is on the 15th. It's nice having two close together. The girls get very excited and the excitement carries over to the next birthday. It's a lot of fun.
Abby turned three this year! I can't believe the time that has passed; and yet she's so grown up, sometimes I'm surprised at how long it took to get here. Abby is talking like a pro and has been for the past forever. She is learning her letters and numbers, knows how to spell her name, pray by herself, is fully potty trained, and as of last week can swing by herself, among other things. She adores baby Ellie and is eager to help. She's quick to laugh and puts up a good fight for anything she deems worthy fighting for. I'm excited for what this next year of her life has in store for all of us.
We celebrated her birthday by throwing a party in our back yard and inviting our closest friends and family. It was mermaid themed, as Abby loves playing mermaid with Kate just about every single day. She puts her legs into her pillowcase, with the pillow still in cased, and insists of being carried to wherever she needs to be. I will indulge her make-believe a few times before I tell her she can turn into a human to get where she needs to go. If I call her Abby during this playtime she responds with, "Not Abby. Mermaid."
Abby turned three this year! I can't believe the time that has passed; and yet she's so grown up, sometimes I'm surprised at how long it took to get here. Abby is talking like a pro and has been for the past forever. She is learning her letters and numbers, knows how to spell her name, pray by herself, is fully potty trained, and as of last week can swing by herself, among other things. She adores baby Ellie and is eager to help. She's quick to laugh and puts up a good fight for anything she deems worthy fighting for. I'm excited for what this next year of her life has in store for all of us.
We celebrated her birthday by throwing a party in our back yard and inviting our closest friends and family. It was mermaid themed, as Abby loves playing mermaid with Kate just about every single day. She puts her legs into her pillowcase, with the pillow still in cased, and insists of being carried to wherever she needs to be. I will indulge her make-believe a few times before I tell her she can turn into a human to get where she needs to go. If I call her Abby during this playtime she responds with, "Not Abby. Mermaid."
A week before Abby's party, her new mermaid swimsuit came in the mail. I think she wore it for 2 days straight. Her and Kate were so fun to watch as they played pretend.
I digress. So, party. It went great. Abby was so excited leading up to it. It was adorable to watch her so happy. She would go around the house and tell each of us, "You can come to my party!" Like I said, adorable!
The party went great. We had our bouncy castle up in the back yard along with an inflatable baby pool filed with ball pit balls. Between those two play stations, our play set, and a couple frisbees, all the kids and adults had a great time.
Abby blew out her candles like a pro and enjoyed taking a slice of cake to everyone.
Afterwards, she was delighted to open her presents and play with her new toys.Kate was excited to watch Abby open her present. :)
After all the presents were opened and her friends had gone home, Abby plopped herself onto the recliner and glued her attention to the tablet. Oh technology. Ruining children's childhoods but preventing . As long as there's moderation in all things, am I right?
Andrew's birthday went well. Jared and Kristen threw him a surprise birthday party two weeks before his actual birthday. He was totally surprised. We then did our own family celebration on his actual birth day. It was simple and sweet. The girls were more than happy to help their daddy with his presents.
Two birthdays down for the year, three more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment