Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Aunt Rachael's visit

  Just had a wonderful visit with Auntie Rachael.  The girls LOVED playing with her, especially on her super cool phone.  I guess Andrew and I need to get with the times and download some new apps.  Maybe.  

  The girls LOVED chasing Aunt Rachael around the back yard. 

  We love living so close to Uncle Jared and Aunt Kristen.  It's been great having them sharing in on the family visits.  I've loved seeing them so often while family is in town.  

  Wednesday morning Jared took Rachael out flying.  While they were out, the girls got into the flour.  All before I was up for the day, of course.  I freaked out a bit and told them to clean up their mess while I give Ellie a bath because she had blown out of the front of her diaper.  Like all up her belly.  Super convenient timing, right?  After I was done with Ellie I went back into the kitchen to find Kate and Abby now getting into the sugar!  Ummm, WHAT!??  Now I really freaked out.  They both went straight into time out until I finished cleaning up their huge mess, at least that was the plan.  I eventually caved to Abby's crying, begging for breakfast.  Kate, because she "should know better!", stayed in time out till I was done cleaning.  It was quite the morning and we now have a lock on the pantry door.

  We went to the beach Thursday morning.  We woke up late and so when Abby put up a fight about putting on her swimsuit I decided to let her go in her night gown and pants.  I don't know how she didn't melt, it was so hot.

  Friday night was Rachael's last day so we went onto base for dinner and bowling as well as a short walk around the outdoor plane park/memorial beforehand.  It was a great time.  We even got to see quite a few planes fly by. 

  Saturday morning we, minus Jared and Kristen, went to the Navarre Beach Pier which is the largest pier in the Gulf.  It was pretty dang big, too.  We saw a TON of huge jellyfish.  Like way too many for comfort.  We also saw a couple sea turtles and schools of fish.  One guy caught a fish and let the girls touch it.  It was pretty cool.
  After the pier we went home and Jared and Kristen joined us for lunch.  Then we all took a picture before Ellie and I headed out to take Rachael to the airport.

  It was a wonderful visit and the girls missed Rachael before she even left.  Now we're back to the same old grind.  Oh, and Eleanor is now TWO months old.  Gosh, how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment