We are in Alabama! Andrew got picked up for SOS (Squadron Officer School) mid April and after changing our summer plans around quite a bit, the girls and I...and our wonderful dogs... decided to join Andrew for this 5 week course. Canada trip has now been cancelled completely with hopes of doing a family trip with the Strongs one year in the future.
Kate also had her teeth fixed a week before we came here. That was fun. Six crowns, two of them root canals, plus two additional cavities later, all fixed in the hospital under anesthesia, equals a hefty bill that insurance does not cover. Even though our savings account got a pretty good dent taken out of it, I'm so grateful we had savings put aside so that we didn't have to take out a loan. I'm so grateful for Andrew's job.
So, Montgomery. It is great! Very hot, but I've gotten over the fact that I am going to be sweating every single minute I'm outside. There are so many things to see, places to go, shops to spend money! We are having a good time!
Today we went to the zoo. I bought a family pass and plan on using it at least twice a week. It was hot, as expected, but the girls and I had a great time.
Kate also had her teeth fixed a week before we came here. That was fun. Six crowns, two of them root canals, plus two additional cavities later, all fixed in the hospital under anesthesia, equals a hefty bill that insurance does not cover. Even though our savings account got a pretty good dent taken out of it, I'm so grateful we had savings put aside so that we didn't have to take out a loan. I'm so grateful for Andrew's job.
So, Montgomery. It is great! Very hot, but I've gotten over the fact that I am going to be sweating every single minute I'm outside. There are so many things to see, places to go, shops to spend money! We are having a good time!
Today we went to the zoo. I bought a family pass and plan on using it at least twice a week. It was hot, as expected, but the girls and I had a great time.
The Bengal Tigers were the first cool animal that we saw. This white one decided to go for a dip which was fun for us to watch.
I couldn't believe how close the Rhinoceros was. He was just chillin in the mud, but we enjoyed being so close.
The Black Bear was super close as well. His eyes were open but he didn't move much. Kate wanted to take him home with us :)
Walking though the bird cage
Happy baby
The monkeys were our last stop for the day. They were very entertaining to watch. They were screaming at each other, smacking each other, one monkey got pushed into the water and then pulled out by the tail. It was crazy!
The girls got a decent nap on the way home but the zoo must have really really tired them out because they both passed out by themselves while we were trying to get everything ready for bed. Works for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment